Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

#92 Clay Turtle the second, Part 1

You may or may not remember back in February I tried to make a turtle out of modelling clay.  It didn't work out.
I am finally ready to try again.  This time, the clay is still a little sticky, but not nearly as bad as before.  I was able to get a reasonably good shape (trust me, this is pretty good for my skill level) this time.  I made this one MUCH smaller than my first attempt.  I hope it dries quickly, I have plans for this little guy.
I know it isn't very smooth, but the clay is still pretty sticky.  I did the best I could.  Besides, real turtles aren't perfectly smooth either! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. he's super cute-- I think the texture he has gives him tons of character!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I did manage to smooth it out a little last night.
    It is still no where close to dry. There is no way it will be ready for what I had planned for it.
    On to "Plan B"

    ReplyDelete