Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

#83 Embroidered Pillow

Here is the project that I was working on a few days ago when my sewing machine and I got into a fight.  Once my machine and I made up, I sewed up a little white pillow and an off-white cover for it.  Things tend to get furry from the cat and the dog here, so I wanted the cover to be fully washable.  My zippers need a little bit of work (you can see it at the bottom of the pillow) but all in all, I think I did a pretty good job. This pillow is very small, approximately 10"x10".  I found the turtle picture when I did a search for "turtle tattoos".  I thought tattoos would give me simple turtles with few lines. (Oddly, a colouring book picture of 'Gus-Gus', the fat mouse from Disney's Cinderella  popped up in this search.  I never did figure out why.)  Transferring the picture to the pillow was a bit of a challenge.  I hadn't thought of how I would do that.  I ended up just doing my best drawing of it in pencil directly on the fabric.  I didn't realize it would take as long as it did to do the embroidery.  I have a new respect for people who embroider now.



It is hard to see, but I even 'signed' it on the bottom right corner.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Hey that looks awesome!!!! YOu did a fabulous job and I love the signature! All great artwork must have a signature. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Embroidery does take more time then you'd originally think, but worth it in cases like this. Maybe this could develop into a set?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!
    I actually was hoping to make more of these. Maybe a little larger next time though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I came over to visit from Mandy's blog :) I love your turtles! This pillow is beautiful. I have 3 indoor cats and 2 dogs so I completely understand about things having to be washable :) I look forward to following your turtle adventure :)

    ReplyDelete