Today I tried to shrink a turtle. I know that styrofoam can be used like shrink plastic. We had the last of the Chinese food tonight and had these containers so I thought I would try a different shrinky-dink type of turtle.
Everything was going fine at first. I cut the container up and made it look a little like a turtle. I drew eyes on it. I think it's face looks a little like a duck, but I was hoping that shrinking it would help that. It didn't.
So into the toaster oven it went. It was twisting and shrinking as they always do except this time it wasn't flattening out. I don't know if that ridge along the shell was the problem of if it just managed to stick to itself. I tried to gently shape it while it was still warm but it was really stuck to itself so I ended up with this:
My husband is still laughing.
I did use my turtle potholders though. I have learned about the importance of seam allowances making these, but I still like them so I haven't bothered making a new pair.
But don't let my oldest daughter use them. She will graze a burner with them and singe the poor turtle's little foot.