Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

#82 Harry Potter Nailpolish Turtle

You get what you pay for.

One dollar nailpolish does not paint as well as four dollar nailpolish.  I've never paid higher than that, but I can personally attest to at least that dollar amount. 

In honour of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part one)  being released on DVD today I thought I would paint a turtle on my nail and add a lightning bolt to it's shell.  Sounds easy, doesn't it?
Nope. 
First try I used copper paint over my salmon coloured nails, thinking that the colours would look good together. 
They don't. 
I didn't even try a lightning bolt on that one, it was too ugly.  So I tried again.  This time I used my good black polish for the turtle (and the turtle looks good!) and some of the cheap white polish for the lightning bolt.  I even practised the bolt on my ring finger first. 
Now I have a turtle with a big ol' smear on it.
So I tried again on my middle finger thinking that a larger canvas may help my situation.  This time I used the white to make the turtle since I seem to have better control over the black.  It is the best I am getting today.


I am still working on my sewing project.  It isn't difficult, but it is taking me wayyyyyyy longer than I thought it would.  Hopefully tomorrow.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I think they all look good! Mr. Potter would be impressed!

    ReplyDelete