Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

#26 Clay Turtle, Part 2

I don't like it.
I don't like it's elephant feet.
I don't like it's head and neck.
I don't like how flat I made the shell.
It was (is?) definitely a learning process!  And I will try again.... someday.  I am staying true to my word and updating, even though I am unhappy with the results.  You have my full permission to laugh.  My daughter thinks it looks like a dinosaur. I haven't bothered to attach the tail.
Without further ado:


My youngest daughter made me a turtley Christmas present a few years ago.  She would have been 10, I think.  She made me a bunch of these tiny turtles, the shell might be the size of a dime, and put them in a box.  Inside the lid it said that if I found the golden turtles, I won a big hug.  :)  I'm including it in this post because her clay turtles turned out a lot better than mine and thought I'd share.


I took a better picture of my glass and wire turtle.  I'm not sure if I should put it in this post, or add it to the original post.  I'll leave it in this post for now.  Apparently avoiding my reflection in this turtle is pretty much impossible.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment