Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

# 11 Broccoli Turtle

I'm playing with my food again.  Broccoli is part of dinner tonight and I thought that the floret looked a little like a turtle shell.  So I thought I would make a turtle out of it.  Thawed, previously frozen broccoli is not a great medium, it turns out, but I persisted anyway.  When I flipped my piece of broccoli over I found a bonus turtle!

I figured it would be difficult to see so I tried to kind of highlight it with a food marker.  Soggy broccoli is hard to write on so this is the best I could do.  My teenager thinks I've gone nuts.  Can you see the turtle?



So I gave up on trying to draw on the broccoli, cut that piece off and carried on with my turtle construction.  By this time I was getting a little frustrated.  I'm sure with a bit more patience this could have been a lot better.  At least I gave my daughter something to laugh at.
My intention was to add this floret to our dinner so that no food was wasted but I manhandled this poor piece so much that it went straight into the composter.  I had good intentions.

Hopefully my idea for tomorrow will work better than these last two days!
Pin It

1 comment: