Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

#63 Motivational Weightloss Turtle

I'm not sure how I got this idea.  It just popped into my head this morning.

I wish to lose twenty pounds.  I have already lost some, but I have twenty more to go, and have no more ambition/willpower/drive.  I thought I'd make myself a little motivational buddy.  I went back a few posts to that purple fleece stuffed turtle I had made and made a mini version.  Then I made four more shells.  Each one represents five pounds that I want to lose.  Every time I lose five pounds, I will remove a shell until I reach my cute little goal turtle. 
I figure this should give me the kick in the butt I need because I made it public and I'm not showing the other layers until I reach them!  Hopefully you guys will want to see my turtle and that will keep me motivated.  In theory anyway.

I gave titles to each layer.  But just to be clear, I don't think of myself in these terms.  No self esteem issues here,  I just needed to call the layers something.



And here is the "fat" turtle, upright, with my trusty penny for size reference.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! Keep me posted on your progress, if that little guy helps you out I'm ordering one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. You'll be posted because whenever I remove a layer, I intend to post the "new" turtle.
    I can't think of a way to do this with snow globes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm a personal trainer and am always looking for ways to motivate my clients. I think my craftier ones will appreciate this method :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth! I cant imagine trying to keep others motivated when I can't even keep myself motivated. You could get yourself a side job knitting various sized sweaters to layer over teddy bears!

    ReplyDelete