The other day I reaized that the smoke detector looks like a turtle shell.
Before anyone jumps on me. I didn't actually do anything to the detector itself. I'm not about to risk our safety for the sake of a turtle. All I did was add to the ceiling behind it. (Above it?) I traced around the detector on green paper, then cut out a turtle shape and placed my turtle between the ceiling and the bracket that holds the detector up.
I'm just waiting to see how long it takes the kids to notice it. Hubby reads my blog, so if he doesn't notice it on his own, he'll know as soon as he reads about it. The kids don't read it, however so I wonder how long it will take them to discover it. So far it has been up for about four hours and nobody has said anything.
I had trouble getting good pictures because the hall was kind of dark and I was trying to be stealthy.
Boring ol' white detector on a white ceiling.
I have no idea why the ceiling looks pink here. Here is my turtle body sandwiched between the bracket and the ceiling.
And here it is all together!