Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#135 Eclipse

Movies are not as good as the books that they are made from.  The first two Twilight movies are no exception.  I absolutely LOVED the books and I was rather disappointed in the movies.  However, that isn't stopping me from watching Eclipse (probably) tonight.  I didn't want to pay to see it after being disappointed in the others so we've been waiting for the library to have it in.  You can't reserve movies for the first 6 months that the library has them, it is a first-come-first-served basis.  My daughter just happened to be there today while the movie was in, so she scooped it.  Here's hoping that it is okay!



Harry Potter, on the other hand, while again not as good as the books, is awesome and is something I am looking very forward to.  My oldest has a countdown to it's release date on the fridge.  37 days, if you were wondering! Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I'm counting down to Harry Potter too! I'm a 42 year old woman that will be sad to see the movies end. I agree with the Twilight books and the movies- I really love the books but I really felt the movies were not as good. Hope Eclipse breaks the mold- I haven't seen it yet either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, the little turtle looks exhausted, will he make it to the movie tonight??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We DID watch Eclipse last night and I thought it was a lot better than the first two. I'm not sure if that is because it actually was, or it just seemed like it because I didn't have high expectations. And Kim, we are almost the same age. I'll be sad to see the HP movies end too. But we have them all on DVD, so I guess they never will end, really!

    Mandy, the turtle was supposed to look like it was peering over the edge of the book to see the title. hahahahaha. Clearly my photography skills need improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. turtles + vampires = turt-pires!

    hmmm - that doesn't really work.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. vamp-les?
    No.... That doesn't work either.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you read any of the "true blood" series?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read True Blood? Nope. I thought it was a just a TV show. My oldest may have though, she reads several books a week and practically lives at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hbo series is based on a series of books written Charlaine Harris. Fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remembered to ask her. She hasn't read them, but wants to.

    ReplyDelete