Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#212 The 'Maybe-I-Shouldn't-Let-My-Daughter-Help-Me' Turtle

Tonight my youngest daughter helped me make chicken burgers and fries for dinner.  We thought that we could make a turtle using the chicken mixture before making the burgers.

Ahem
My daughter thought it should have huge, bulbous chameleon-like eyes and an "S" (for Super-Turtle ) on it's back.  Not wanting to stifle her creativity, or make her not enjoy helping me, I allowed it all.

This is what we ended up with.


Oh, and the burgers were pretty bland.  I have yet to find a good, tasty recipe that doesn't have something gross like mustard or peppers in it. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. How did the turtle burger cook up? It reminds me of the meat-loaf hand I made last February. I added sauteed leeks & mushrooms along with lots of fontina cheese to the ground turkey... can't go wrong with cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your severed hand? I remember that post! We didn't cook this as a turtle, We put it back in the bowl then made regular circle-shaped burgers. The burgers were pretty dull(not bad, just boring) and rather fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!!! "127-Hours Severed Arm Meat-Loaf" mmmm good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This is so funny! Glad you shared your daughter's creation.

    ReplyDelete