Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

111 Toasty Turtle

When my girls were really little, I used to make fun toast for them.  If you remember the show TelleTubbies at all, you might remember that they had very cute, round toast that had a happy face on it.  Our breadmachine makes loaves that slice up into round slices, so I would slice that, place pieces of tin foil on it to look like a face and toast it in the toaster oven.  The kids loved it.  (Even though the older one was a little too big for TelleTubbies)   So, remembering those days, I tried to make turtle toast.  My first attempt wasn't so hot.  I'm not sure if it was because the toast cooked unevenly or because the turtle was too big.  Maybe  a little of both. 




So I tried again.  This time I made the turtle smaller and centered it in the toaster oven.

Smiley faces were so much easier.
Pin It

1 comment: