Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

#225 Nine-Turtle Stack

So Yertle, the Turtle King, lifted his hand
And Yertle, the Turtle King, gave a command.
He ordered nine turtles to swim to his stone
And, using these turtles, he built a new  throne.
He made each turtle stand on another one's back
And he piled them all up in a nine-turtle stack.
And then Yertle climbed up.  He sat down on the pile.
What a wonderful view!  He could see 'most a mile!

~from Yertle the Turtle by Dr. Seuss

There are nine turtles under my Yertle.  They were balancing just fine until I added my Yertle.  I'm lucky I got this shot!

And my dad sent me this.  He said that he couldn't find a photo of the band The Turtles.  But he did come up with this:

:)
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Turtle stacking reminds me of the stacked beach stones you sometimes see along the coast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Love that the stack is inspired by Dr. Seuss :)

    ReplyDelete