Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

#344 "Paper Doll" Turtles

Today I tried making turtles the way I used to make paper dolls. 
First I took a strip of a magazine destined for the recycling bin, then I folded the strip like an accordian.  Then I paid absolutely no attention  to how even the top of my folded up paper was and proceeded to cut out a (pretty decent!) turtle.  Then I unfolded it and laughed at myself since most of my poor turtles are headless.  Other than that minor detail, I think they look pretty good.
So I cut a second strip.  This time I evened up the edges after  I folded it up and the resulting turtles turned out very nicely!  Unfortunately for me, as I was cutting, tiny pieces of paper were exploding from my scissor tips.  I think I may be finding little bitty scraps for weeks.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Someday I will actually take the time to look up how to cut paper dolls (or turtles) this way. It has always been one of those tiny annoyances in the back of my mind that I don't know how to do this. Funnily enough, that makes this an item on my bucket list.

    (if i had a bucket list :)

    Hey, maybe I should attempt to do some trees this way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! That's such a fun idea. I like it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paper dolls, especially interesting ones. These turned out great!

    Misha, you should! I made chains of Christmas trees and snowpeople this way one year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Johannah. I think I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies!!
    Misha, you should definitely try it! It isn't difficult. Don't let my headless turtles scare you, that was simply poor planning!

    ReplyDelete